WIT Postdoctoral Fellow Achievement Award
This award is given to a SOT postdoctoral fellow member (current or pending) who has demonstrated outstanding scientific achievement in the field of toxicology and who has also provided leadership and service.
Applicant SOT Membership Requirements:
This award requires for the applicant to be an active member of the Society of Toxicology and Women in in Toxicology Special Interest Group.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Current or pending postdoctoral member SOT at application deadline
- Current postdoctoral research fellowship
- Research relevant to the field of toxicology
- An accepted abstract for the SOT Annual Meeting
Required application components
- Should detail the applicant's scientific achievement, leadership and service activities, relevance of research to toxicology, and the contribution the applicant's research has had on the field of toxicology.
- 1-page cover letter written by the applicant highlighting their most significant leadership and service activities and summarizing their scientific achievement and contributions to the field of toxicology that describhes postdoctoral research hypothesis, background, and significance (written text 12 pt. Times New Roman).
- 1-page narrative describing postdoctoral research hypothesis, background, and significance (written text 12 pt. Times New Roman).
- Extended abstract of the submitted presentation for the annual meeting (must include tables and/or figures; written text not to exceed two (2) pages with 12 pt. Times New Roman).
- Two letters of recommendation describing the post postdoc's scientific achievement and contributions to the field of toxicology, including descriptions of their leadership and service activities. One letter must be from the applicant's research advisor/mentor and include recognition of the applicant's contributions to the research being presented. One of these two letters must be from a Full, Associate, or Emeritus SOT member
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant that includes specific descriptions of the applicant's scientific achievements, leadership, and service– 10 page maximum.
- Headshot/photograph image of sufficient quality for poster and presentation materials (does not factor into selection of the awardee, this is to have the info on hand to develop WIT annual meeting materials in a timely manner.)
The awardee will receive an engraved plaque and monetary award. The intent of the monetary award is that it be used for education and/or research-related expenses, including travel to scientific conferences. Applicants for the award are not precluded from applying for travel support or other SOT awards outside of WIT.
Postdoctoral fellows can only apply for one (1) WIT award. Applying for this award does not limit you to apply for other SOT awards. WIT awards are independent of other SOT Awards.
Postdoctoral fellows are eligible to receive (1) WIT award during their postdoctoral training period.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org