OTSS Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Fellow Trainee Support Award
Each year, OTSS recognizes outstanding graduate student and postdoctoral fellow for their contribution to advancing the understanding of ocular toxicology and pharmacology. Up to 2 recipients (postdoc or graduate student) will receive this award each year.
The requirements/criteria for the award include that the Applicant:
- Must be a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow as of October 1st the year prior to the SOT Annual Meeting
- Must have a submitted and/or accepted abstract (for platform or poster presentation) at the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting
- The accepted abstract must be related to ocular toxicology and/or pharmacology
The application (self-nomination or nomination) should include following materials:
- The submitted and/or accepted abstract (for platform or poster presentation) at the SOT Annual Meeting
- A letter of support from trainee’s advisor or mentor indicating the role of the applicant and independence in conducting the research
- Narrative describing their research hypothesis, background, and significance (up to 2-pages)
The award will be announced at the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting. Applicants are preferred to be SOT or OTSS members. The recipient(s) will receive a certificate and monetary award of $500, funded by generous contributions our sponsor(s). The recipient(s) may also present a short (3 slide) synopsis of their research at the OTSS reception held during the SOT Annual Meeting.
Questions? Contact Ocular.SOT@gmail.com