OTA Postdoctoral Fellow Achievement Award
This award is given to a SOT postdoctoral fellow member (current or pending) who has demonstrated outstanding scientific achievement in the field of toxicology and who has also demonstrated leadership and service. Applicants for the award are not precluded from applying for travel support or other SOT Awards outside of OTA. Applicants who are not OTA members are strongly encouraged to join.
Requirements for applicants include:
- Current or pending postdoctoral member SOT at application deadline
- Current research interests and activities are relevant to the field of toxicology
- A submitted abstract for the 2024 SOT Annual Meeting
Required application components (listed below
Should detail the applicant’s scientific achievement, leadership and service activities focused on increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in toxicology, relevance of research to toxicology, and the contribution the applicant’s research has had on the field of toxicology. These criteria, with others listed below, are used in the award selection process.
- 1-page cover letter written by the applicant highlighting their most significant leadership and service activities focused on increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in toxicology and summarizing their scientific achievement and contributions to the field of toxicology (written text not to exceed 1 page with 12 pt. Times New Roman).
- Extended abstract of the submitted presentation for the annual meeting (must include tables and/or figures; written text not to exceed 2 pages with 12 pt. Times New Roman).
- Two letters of recommendation describing the postdoc’s scientific achievement and contributions to the field of toxicology, including descriptions of their leadership and service activities. One letter must be from the applicant’s research advisor/mentor and include recognition of the applicants’ contributions to the research being presented.
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant that includes specific descriptions of the applicant’s scientific achievements, leadership, and service.
Finalists may be interviewed by phone prior to selection of the awardee.
The awardee will receive an engraved plaque and monetary award of $750. The intent of the monetary award is that it be used for education and/or research-related expenses, including travel to scientific conferences.
The application must be received by the deadline or the applicant will not be considered for the award.
Postdoctoral fellows are eligible to receive (1) OTA award during their postdoctoral training period.
Questions? Contact OTA-SOT.