Mech SS/RASS Robert J. Rubin Student Travel Award
The Mechanisms and Risk Assessment Specialty Section’s Robert J. Rubin Student Travel Award supports one or more graduate student’s participation in the SOT Annual Meeting. Recipients of the Rubin Award are selected by a Committee jointly appointed by the leadership of the Mechanisms Specialty Section and the Risk Assessment Specialty Section. Award Recipient(s) are selected based on the scientific quality and application of mechanistic toxicology to risk assessment.
- The applicant must be a graduate student and a SOT member (pending status ok). Mechanisms Specialty Section membership not required.
- Applications for the award will be accepted for SOT presentations given up to one year after the student receives their doctoral degree.
- Selection of recipient(s) will be based on the scientific quality of the abstract, application of biochemical, pharmacological, and/or toxicological techniques to answer mechanistic toxicology questions or further advance the field of risk assessment.
- A cover letter (one page maximum) that includes a statement of the applicant’s research interests and how his/her current research advances the field of mechanistic toxicology.
- A submitted abstract for the 2024 SOT Annual Meeting. The student should be the primary author and contributor to the work described.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients will be announced at the Mechanisms Specialty Section business meeting at the SOT Annual Meeting and will receive a certificate and cash award. This award is made possible by the Robert J. Rubin Student Travel Award Fund of the SOT Endowment.