Mech SS Ronald G. Thurman Student Travel Award
The Mechanisms Specialty Section is pleased to offer the Ronald G. Thurman Student Travel Award to an outstanding graduate student.
The requirements for the award are:
- The applicant must be a graduate student and a SOT member (pending status ok). Mechanisms Specialty Section membership not required.
- Applications for the award will be accepted for SOT presentations given up to one year after the student receives their doctoral degree.
- Selection of recipient(s) will be based on the scientific quality of the abstract, application of biochemical, pharmacological, and/or toxicological techniques to answer mechanistic toxicology questions.
Required submission materials:
- A cover letter (one-page maximum) that includes a statement of the applicant’s research interests and how his/her current research advances the field of mechanistic toxicology.
- A submitted abstract for the 2024 SOT Annual Meeting. The student should be the primary author and contributor to the work described.
The materials must be submitted as PDF files.
Recipients will be announced at the Mechanisms Specialty Section business meeting at the SOT Annual Meeting and will receive a certificate and cash award. This award is made possible by the Ronald G. Thurman Student Travel Award Fund of the SOT Endowment.
Questions? Contact SOT Mechanisms.