Mech SS Elsevier Postdoctoral Award
The Mechanisms Specialty Section is pleased to announce a new award available, for a postdoctoral scholar sponsored by Elsevier, for attending the SOT Annual Meeting.
A postdoctoral scholar will be selected. The awardee will be awarded a monetary prize of $1,000.
Submission requirements are:
- Applicants conducting research in mechanistic toxicology as defined by the Mechanisms website are encouraged to apply;
- The applicant is not required to be a Mechanisms Specialty Section member but is highly encouraged;
- An abstract must have been submitted and accepted for the upcoming SOT
- Annual Meeting with postdoctoral fellow as the presenting author; the late-breaking abstract is acceptable;
- A letter must be received from the mentor outlining the fellow’s role in the research;
- A postdoctoral scholar is not eligible for the same award if they have won it previously (as this is a new award, this is not applicable in 2023);
- Recipients of this award must not accept travel awards from any other Specialty Section for the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting.
Selection of the recipient will be based on the scientific quality of the abstract, and its application of biochemical, pharmacological, or toxicologic techniques to answer mechanistic toxicology questions.
A copy of the accepted abstract and a recommendation letter from the postdoctoral scholar’s mentor or a Mechanisms Specialty Section member must be uploaded as an electronic file attachment (Word or pdf).
Recipients will be announced at the Mechanisms Specialty Section business meeting at the SOT Annual Meeting and receive a certificate and cash award. This award is made possible by the Elsevier Publishing Company.
Questions? Contact SOT Mechanisms.