Best Postdoctoral Publication Awards
Presented by the Postdoctoral Assembly (PDA), the Best Postdoctoral Publication Awards recognize outstanding work accomplished during formal mentored postdoctoral traineeships by recognizing recently published exceptional papers in the field of toxicology. Three awards, each consisting of a plaque and $250, are presented at the PDA Luncheon during the SOT Annual Meeting.
- The research reported in the paper must have been conducted while the author was engaged in a mentored postdoctoral research position, although the author may or may not still be in the postdoctoral position at time of submission
- The applicant must be a member of the Society or have submitted a membership application by the application deadline
- The applicant must be the first author on a peer-reviewed paper published online, in print, or in press, between October 2, 2022, and September 25, 2023
- Review articles will not be accepted unless they contain meta-analyses and/or decision analyses
- Co-first-authored papers will be accepted, with clear delineation of the applicant’s effort
- Only one paper may be submitted by each applicant
- PDA Executive Board members are eligible to submit applications, but those who do will not participate in the award selection
The PDA Executive Board and outside reviewers with appropriate scientific expertise will review applications following NIH conflict of interest, confidentiality, and nondisclosure guidelines. Applications will be scored and reviewed by the following criteria:
- Scientific Innovation of paper 25%
- Impact of paper on toxicology 25%
- Applicant’s statement 25%
- Advisor’s nomination and statement 20%
- Journal Impact 5%
- Completed award application form
- Completed advisor nomination form
- Copy of the paper
- If the paper is in press, a letter of acceptance from the journal editor
Apply via the application link before 11:59 pm (ET) October 2, 2023.
Historical Listing of Award Recipients
Questions? Contact SOT Headquarters.