ASIO Dr. Laxman Desai Graduate Student Best Abstract Award
This award is made possible by the Dr. Laxman Desai ASIO-SIG student award endowment fund established with SOT. Multiple awards will be given each year to students of Indian origin, for their presentations made at the SOT Annual Meeting. Each student award includes monetary award and a certificate.
The number of awards presented each year and the award winners will be determined by ASIO awards committee.
Award Eligibility Criteria:
- Only graduate students of Indian origin are eligible to apply for this award.
- Must be enrolled in the graduate program at the time of application for this award.
- The applicant must be the first author (equal contribution first co-author is acceptable) in the submitted abstract. This is indicative of lead role and significant contribution of the applicant in the research work.
- Must be an ASIO member (or have pending application for membership*). If not a member yet, you can apply for ASIO membership throughout the year. There is no SOT membership requirement. However, we strongly encourage applicants to apply for SOT membership, if they are not members currently.
- Must have an accepted abstract or a submitted abstract (pending acceptance) for the SOT Annual Meeting. Awardees must have an abstract accepted prior to the SOT annual meeting to be eligible for receiving the award.
- Must NOT have received an ASIO-SIG sponsored Graduate Student award more than twice in the last three years.
NOTE: All student applications are considered for both Dr. Desai and Dr. Mehendale Graduate Student Best Abstract awards. They do NOT need to apply for both separately.
Questions? Contact Satya Achanta.